The Castle Rock Senior Activity Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. We receive our funding through a variety of sources: A Town of Castle Rock contract to provide services for seniors; Transportation Grant Funding through Douglas County and other Government Programs; private foundation Grants; Fundraising Events and Programs; business sponsorships; membership dues; donations from individuals, organizations or businesses; and via activities and services paid by individuals.
Because our mission is to provide services and programs for seniors, we are diligent in obtaining whatever funds necessary to keep our membership fees and activity fees as low as possible. We are grateful for the generosity of each and every individual, organization, government agency, private foundation, and business partner that has chosen to play a role in improving life for older adults in our area. We are so thankful for the strong legacy of support through the 53+ years our organization has existed. There truly aren’t enough words to convey what each contribution (large or small) means to us!
Our membership and their needs are growing tremendously as the “boomer” generation comes of age, while the “greatest” & “silent” generations are in need of more services as the years go on. At the same time, budgets are tight and less funding is available. We have many ways for people to support the Castle Rock Senior Activity Center so that we can continue to grow our programs and services for the diverse population of 50-100 year-olds that come through our doors.
All donations, contributions and sponsorships are tax deductible.
MAKE A DONATION
We accept monetary donations at any time, and these can be designated for a specific purpose upon request. Donations are accepted in-person with cash, check or credit card, or online here through a secure server with a credit card.
Please use the donate button below to donate online.
TAKE PART IN ANY OF OUR ONGOING FUNDRAISING PROGRAMS
1. King Soopers – If you shop at King Soopers, you can enroll your King Soopers Loyalty Card online at their secure website, designate the Castle Rock Senior Activity Center and the Senior Center will earn a donation. www.kingsooperscommunityrewards.com
2. Meadows CarWash – It’s a great challenge to keep our vehicles tidy and clean through all seasons of weather here in Colorado. Join us in this fantastic fundraiser for CarWash Tickets! You Pay $10.00 per ticket and receive a $15.00 valued wash with each ticket. The Senior Center also receives a portion of your purchase amount per ticket, so please participate in this awesome fundraiser and stop by our front desk at the Senior Center to purchase tickets right away.
BECOME A SPONSOR
We are continually seeking business partners for a variety of endeavors. These may be for financial contributions to sponsor an event or for in-kind donations. If interested in how your business can get involved, give Executive Director, Debbi Haynie a call at 303-688-9498 or check the website for opportunities throughout the year.
Please click here to review our “No Soliciting and/or Presentations” by For-Profit Businesses Policy
DONATE ON COLORADO GIVES DAY
Donations always accepted year-round through Colorado Gives. You can even set up automatic recurring donations. Older Americans are an unbelievably fast growing population, your support to provide services and enrichment for them is so appreciated. Thanks for your consideration.
REMEMBER THE CASTLE ROCK SENIOR ACTIVITY CENTER IN YOUR ESTATE PLANNING
It is possible to designate a donation from your estate to go to the Castle Rock Senior Activity Center in your will, but it must be done in advance. If this special place has meant something to you, please consider this option to leave your legacy here. In addition, memorial donations in honor of a member or former member are always accepted. Any arrangements for this can be coordinated with our office staff.
DONATION OF ITEMS ACCEPTED
We accept a variety of items for many different uses. Donated books are used in our lending library or are sold at our Book Sale at the Craft Show Extraordinaire. Donated yarn, craft supplies, fabric are used for projects to be sold at the Craft Show Extraordinaire or are put together in baskets for silent auctions. Donated collectibles or valuable household goods make great silent auction items. Donated household goods are sold at “Grandma’s Attic” at the Craft Show Extraordinaire. We do not accept old electronics, clothing or furniture. Please contact the office staff to make arrangements for donations.
TAKE PART IN OUR FUNDRAISING EVENTS
- Each month we hold a fundraising day at a local restaurant, called Dining to Donate.
- Annual Craft Show Extraordinaire – The largest craft event in the area and the unofficial kick-off to the holiday shopping season. This is held the 1st or 2nd Saturday in November each year at the Douglas County Events Center in Castle Rock from 9:00 AM-4:00 PM. It’s free to enter and features 100+ vendors, plus a gigantic “Grandma’s Kitchen” Bake Sale, Silent Auction, decorated Wreath Auction, “Grandma’s Attic” where treasures galore are found, lots of holiday goodies and an awesome Book Sale – Be sure to put this on your calendar. Vendor registration takes place early January & February each year with “Community Corner” registration (senior resources) in motion in July. Event details will be on the Events Page.
- Fall Swing Golf Tournament – This annual fundraiser is held on a weekday in September at an area golf course. We explore different golf courses so that sponsors and players have the chance to experience different outstanding venues. Our 2024 Tournament will be at Plum Creek Golf Club in Castle Rock on Wednesday, September 11th followed by lunch and an awards ceremony. Sponsors are needed each year at various levels. Golfers can sign-up individually or as a foursome in one of 2-flights. Save this date and check our website for information about the tournament and sponsorship opportunities in the Spring.
- Loving Life Match & Gift Challenge – While this isn’t an event, it is a major fundraising program. We are fortunate to have an anonymous donor willing to match financial donations up to $7,500 during the months of July, August & September. Details will be at the Center, in our newsletter and on our website. This is a wonderful time of year to make a financial donation as your dollars are matched. Every donation, no matter the size are greatly appreciated!
- Castle Rock’s Ducky Derby – The local Rotary Club hosts the Ducky Derby, an awesome fundraiser and community event. As a recipient, we sell tickets in the spring and participate in this June event held in downtown Castle Rock.
- Other fundraising opportunities – Keep watch on the website and in our newsletter for other opportunities that arise during any given year.
PARTICIPATE IN OUR OUTREACH EVENTS
We have numerous ways we give back or reach out to the community at large, such as having Baby Showers for Denver Health’s “Newborns in Need” program or donating to Sky Ridge Medical Center’s Comfort Closet.
Each June, we organize a Senior Life EXPO where senior advocates and senior-related businesses and organizations partner together in one place for senior citizens and their family members to come for “all things senior.” It’s a senior resource event free to the public. Please check the website for information and partnership opportunities at the beginning of the year.